The compact Grigri 2 has had a colour change for 2015, but other than that remains the classic assisted belay device of choice for sport climbers.
The Petzl GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking capability is designed to facilitate belay manoeuvres. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top-roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.9mm to 11mm ropes on the market (optimised for 9.4mm to 10.3mm ropes). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or abseiling
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185g (25% smaller and 20% lighter than the GRIGRI)
- Built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9mm to 11mm single ropes (optimised for 9.4mm to 10.3mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Weight : 170g
- Rope compatibility : For use with single ropes between 8.9mm and 11mm in diameter
- Material(s) : aluminium side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s) : pr EN 15151-1 type 6, UIAA
There are no reviews yet.
UK Standard Delivery
Orders received before 1pm weekdays, will be dispatched via Royal Mail on the same day and should reach you within three working days. For full details please see our deliveries page.
£4.50(inc VAT) for orders under £60.00*.
For orders over £60.00 UK Standard Delivery is free*.
*Oversized Products – All parcels over 45cm x 35cm x 16cm or weighing over 2 kg are sent via Parcel Force or similar may cost extra. For full details please see our deliveries page. .
UK Express Delivery
Orders received before 11am weekdays, will be dispatched via either Royal Mail or Parcel Force the same day and should reach you in 24 to 48 hrs. For full details and prices please see our deliveries page.
We can dispatch products worldwide. For full details and prices please see our deliveries page.
If you have missed the deadline for same day dispatch please call us as we can sometimes rush orders out.
We allow all of our customers to return any non-faulty purchases within 28 days from the point of order for a full refund for the goods purchased. Please note we do not cover return postage.
If we receive items that in our opinion have been used in any way, or if the original packaging is missing or seriously damaged we will not give any refund and will expect you to pay for the item to be posted back to you.
Full details of our returns policy can be found here.